Chiropractic Treatment Now Available
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Rahim Lalji to Anatomica, who will be providing chiropractic therapy on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. With years of training and dedication to the study of human kinetics and biomechanics, Rahim is well-equipped to address musculoskeletal injuries & dysfunction, through hands-on manual chiropractic adjustment, soft-tissue manipulation, Active Release Therapy, medical acupuncture, and remedial exercise. Book your chiropractic appointment online now!
More Evenings, More Weekends, More Therapists
Anatomica turns 3 in June 2016, and to celebrate, we’re giving YOU something special! We know you want more appointment availability and shorter wait times, so we’re expanding to serve you better. Our new location is just a hop, skip and jump away – on the east side of the Bloor & Lansdowne intersection at 1302 Bloor St W. We’re working hard to find the best therapists to join our team, and we’re adding more evening & weekend appointments all the time. We now have DOUBLE the appointments on Monday & Tuesday evenings, Wednesday mornings, as well as 12 more Saturday appointments each month. Starting in September, we will also double our availability on Thursday & Friday evenings, and on Sundays!
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, performed for the purpose of restoring those tissues to a healthy state, free from pain and dysfunction. Massage combines kneading, pressure, and percussion of the muscles with active and passive movement of the joints to relieve tension and restore balance and posture. Registered Massage Therapists in Ontario practice Swedish massage, developed in the 19th century and based on Western concepts of anatomy and physiology. Massage is well-known to safely treat many common conditions, including:
• muscle spasms, trigger points, tears and strains that cause pain and limit movement;
• joint injuries, such as sprains and ligament tears and associated instability;
• injuries to the back, including facet joint irritation, bulging, herniated, or degenerated discs;
• chronic pain and tension due to postural changes and dysfunctions;
• repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and rotator cuff injury;
• neurological pain and compressions, including shin splints and sciatica; and
• delayed onset muscle soreness following exercise or strenuous activity.
Whether you prefer deep tissue massage or light touch, massage therapy can be a great addition to your regular health-care routine and offers a variety of benefits:
• reduced muscle tension, spasm and stiffness, and increased ease of movement;
• increased flexibility and range of motion, with reduced joint restrictions;
• improvements in balance and posture, through training of complementary muscle groups;
• reduced pain and inflammation, and promotion of faster healing of soft tissue injuries;
• maintenance of healthy scar tissue and reduction of excessive scarring following injury or surgery;
• improved flow of the circulatory and lymphatic systems and improved immunity;
• promotion of deeper, diaphragmatic breathing which can reduce stress and ease digestion;
• reduced stress and anxiety, and improvements in sleep quality and quantity;
• relief from physical discomfort related to pregnancy, and postpartum depression; and
• improved relaxation and mind-body awareness through the sedative effect on the central nervous system.