Enjoy the last of summer entertaining with these easy and delicious appetizers!
- 4 slices of Italian-style bread
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200g (6½ oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 250g (8 oz) crab meat, fresh or tinned
- A few torn basil leaves
- Brush the bread with a little olive oil and grill or toast until lightly golden and crisp. When toasted, rub each slice with some crushed garlic.
- Combine the tomatoes, lemon zest, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and any remaining garlic and leave to marinate for ten minutes.
- Stir through the crab meat and basil leaves. Season well, then spoon the tomato mixture over each slice of bread and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment