Here in Toronto we’re lucky with the wide variety of yoga styles available to us, ranging from Hatha and Vinyassa to Yin and Kundalini. We’ve started offering Restorative Hot Stone Yoga at Anatomica, a style which offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Soothing to the Nervous System – The slower pace of a restorative yoga class triggers the parasympathetic nervous system. This activation helps to mitigate the effects of the regular fight-or-flight stress response that can be damaging to your physiology and well-being. The overall calming effect on the nervous system sets a deeply relaxing tone for the class that comforts your mind and body down to the cellular level.
- Deepens Self-Awareness – Restorative yoga classes can help you draw attention inward and away from external events of the world. Restorative yoga opens us up to deeper contemplation.
- Encourages Mindfulness – By moving slowly and through fewer poses, you become more aware of your body and the thoughts which arise.
- Find out Where You Hold Stress – Since all of the poses are supported with props, you’re able to deeply relax into each pose and discover spots of tension in your body. The props allow you to start to release the tension
- Benefit from Full and Deep Stretches – You don’t always need an active practice to get benefits! The supported poses, held for longer times, allow your body to soften and deepen into stretches.
Our sessions also offer the benefit of Hot Stones. Hot stones encourage blood flow throughout the body, which promotes healing and deeper relaxation.
You can learn more or book a session here: https://anatomica.janeapp.com/#/restorative-hot-stone-yoga