What better way to celebrate than by trying out a new salad!
This Spring Superfood Salad has a blueberry ginger dressing and is easy to make. If you try it out let us know how it goes for you!
- 4 ounces spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) package blueberries
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing (blueberries through maple syrup) to a food processor. Pulse until well blended. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble the salad, divide the spinach mix into two servings and arrange in bowls. Top spinach mix with quinoa, sprouts, chickpeas, almonds, blueberries, and avocado, dividing evenly between bowls. Top with blueberry-ginger dressing and serve.