Massage therapy combines kneading, pressure, and percussion of the muscles with active and passive movement of the joints to relieve tension and restore balance and posture, facilitating recovery from acute soft-tissue injuries and chronic or repetitive muscle strain.
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, performed for the purpose of restoring those tissues to a healthy state, free from pain and dysfunction. Registered Massage Therapists in Ontario practice Swedish massage, developed in the 19th century and based on Western concepts of anatomy and physiology. Massage is well-known to safely treat many common conditions, including:
• muscle spasms, trigger points, tears and strains that cause pain and limit movement;
• joint injuries, such as sprains and ligament tears and associated instability;
• injuries to the back, including facet joint irritation, bulging, herniated, or degenerated discs;
• chronic pain and tension due to postural changes and dysfunctions;
• repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and rotator cuff injury;
• neurological pain and compressions, including shin splints and sciatica; and
• delayed onset muscle soreness following exercise or strenuous activity.
Most insurance plans allow direct billing for Registered Massage Therapy.
Anatomica Massage Therapy and Chiropractic in Toronto only hires Registered Massage Therapists who have completed 2200 hours of training and passed the provincial qualifying exam to become members in good standing of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, so you can be confident that your treatment will be honoured by your insurance company. Direct billing for massage therapy is available on most major plans. Please check with your coverage provider to confirm the details of your individual plan, and refer to our policies on direct billing for Registered Massage Therapy in Toronto.
Book a Registered Massage Therapy appointment online