This is a caffeine free latte, perfect for warming you up on chilly, rainy fall days. Both ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, which means this soothing and delicious latte is also good for you, and can be helpful for this time of year when everyone seems to be getting sick!
- 2 Cups Milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder or 1 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 2 inches fresh ginger root
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1 tsp unpasteurized honey
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and pepper to blender along with milk and blend.
- Heat in pot until simmering.
- Pour into your mug. You may wish to strain the mixture into your mug with a wire mesh strainer but you don’t have to if you don’t mind having some grit at the bottom of your cup.
- Add honey, coconut oil or coconut butter to your desired amount.