The Webster Technique is a chiropractic method primarily associated with the care of pregnant people. Here are five potential benefits attributed to the Webster Technique:
- Optimal Pelvic Alignment: The Webster Technique aims to restore and maintain proper pelvic alignment. By addressing any misalignments or imbalances in the pelvic region, it is believed to promote optimal fetal positioning.
- Reduced Uterine Constraint: Chiropractors using the Webster Technique focus on releasing tension in the round ligaments and supporting muscles of the uterus. This may contribute to reduced uterine constraint, potentially creating a more comfortable environment for the developing baby.
- Improved Nervous System Function: Chiropractic adjustments, including those performed in the Webster Technique, are thought to positively influence the nervous system. By optimizing nerve function, it is suggested that this technique may support overall health and wellness during pregnancy.
- Enhanced Pelvic Muscle Function: The Webster Technique involves specific chiropractic adjustments aimed at improving the function of pelvic muscles and ligaments. This could contribute to greater pelvic stability and flexibility.
- Facilitation of Easier Labor and Delivery: Advocates of the Webster Technique claim that by promoting proper pelvic alignment and reducing tension, the likelihood of breech or difficult presentations may be diminished. While research on this aspect is limited, some anecdotal evidence suggests that women who receive Webster Technique adjustments may experience smoother labor and delivery.
Pregnant individuals considering chiropractic care, including the Webster Technique, should receive a thorough assessment of their health and goals prior to treatment. A qualified professional will describe the benefits and risks of Webster Technique and offer alternative options before treatment. Prenatal chiropractic can be safe and effective for most pregnant people. Always inform your chiropractor of any changes in your health.
Dr. Silvia Kwon practices diversified manual chiropractic, myofascial release therapies, exercise and stretch protocols, Activator adjusting, as well as Webster technique for pregnancy. She also treats infants and kids of all ages, and is mother to three energetic children herself!