August was busy at Anatomica, as we brought on three new team members! We’ll be doing a profile for each of them in the next week so you may learn more about them as therapists and the treatments they provide. We’re going to start with our new Athletic Therapist, Adam McLaughlin.
Adam became a Certified Athletic Therapist in 2015 after pursuing an Undergraduate Degree in Human Kinetics from Laurentian University and further continuing his formal education at Sheridan College graduating with an Honours Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences in Athletic Therapy. As an Athletic Therapist, Adam specializes in the assessment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries applied through a sports medicine model using manual techniques and therapeutic exercise prescription.
We asked Adam a few questions so you could get to know him better!
- What are you interested in learning more about?
- Advanced Soft Tissue and Fascial Release
- Alternative means of therapeutic exercise prescription
- Clinicial Biomechanics
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Neural Mobilizations/therapy
- What are three types of treatment at which you are really good?
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Therapeutic exercise prescription and progressions
- Postural Education and Injury Prevention
- How does an athletic therapist work with other health professional to carry out a common treatment plan?
- I would be able to loosen up the joint/treatment area before they see another professional such as a chiropractor, and then provide therapeutic exercises and at home treatment programs to provide progression with the affected area.
- Something fun about you?
- I have a goal to volunteer for the Olympics as an Athletic Therapist, and I’m a self proclaimed geek!
We’re very happy to have Adam join us so we can provide our clients with a fully rounded rehabilitation team.
Appointments Available Wednesdays and Alternate Tuesdays & Fridays here